The Edgewood Centre's skilled nursing home sits on 15 lush and beautiful acres in the heart of one of New Hampshire's most historic and beautiful cities: Portsmouth, NH.
A Great Place To Call Home
The New Hampshire seacoast is fast becoming one of the country’s most popular regions.
Money Magazine and other national publications consistently rank the area as one of the top 10 places to live in America. From the coastline beaches to the nearby mountains and lakes region, the Portsmouth area is one of outstanding beauty and natural diversity.
Portsmouth's Scenic Seaside Charm
One hour north of Boston, Massachusetts and just over the border from Maine, the advantages to living and working in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire area are many:
- Water views abound – from the scenic beauty of the Isles of Shoals to the Nubble Lighthouse to the New England coastline beaches.
- Scores of historic sights such as Strawberry Banke and the John Paul Jones house are available and ready to be explored.
- Portsmouth and the surrounding towns support a thriving art and theater community.
- The Portsmouth region features hundreds of restaurants with options to please any palate.
- The state of New Hampshire has no sales tax and no income tax.
- The area boasts a high employment rate and a low crime rate.
- Portsmouth is easily accessible from points north and west. It's just 20 miles from Rochester, 10 miles from Dover, and an hour from Manchester and Nashua. Portsmouth, New Hampshire is also just across the bridge from Kittery and the rest of southern Maine.
Four Seasons of Fun
There is something to do in Portsmouth year round.
You can tour an array of local gardens, visit a water park, go for a fall foliage cruise, spend the day at the beach, see a play at one of many local theater venues, visit craft galleries and outlet malls, take a horse and carriage ride through historic Strawbery Banke, take in a concert, go cross country skiing or ice skating on one of the local ponds, or explore a fort – the choice is yours.
Resident Excursions: Here, There, and Everywhere
The residents at The Edgewood Centre take advantage of abundant opportunities to explore all that the region has to offer.
Edgewood’s wheelchair accessible bus is out several times each week, transporting residents on scenic rides along the coast and to local restaurants, shops and cultural events.
Interested in Edgewood for short stay rehab, skilled nursing, dementia services or long term care?
Our facility is located in one of Portsmouth, New Hampshire's most charming neighborhoods, less than three miles from the Portsmouth Regional Hospital.